Monday, June 15, 2009

MxMo: Dark n' Stormy Daiquiri


I'm new to the whole blogging thing so I was a little unsure about participating in this Mixology Monday business, but I've really enjoyed reading the roundups from past (and have been a lurker on many websites until recently), so I figured I'd contribute. So, new blog, new drink. This drink, the Dark n' Stormy Daiquiri, is a riff on the classic Dark n' Stormy which is made with Goslings Rum, Ginger Beer, and Lime Juice. I've replace the ginger beer with Canton Ginger Liqueur and served it in a cocktail glass (though I'm sure it would be great on the rocks as well). I think it captures the essence of a D n' S quite well. I first made this drink for a friend of mine who loves to sail and whose favorite drink is a DnS (regardless of the season). So in his presence I refer to the drink as the DevinStormy, but otherwise it really is just a Goslings Daiquiri with the simple syrup replaced by ginger liqueur. Simple but effective... two words which I think describe most of my favorite drinks.

Dark n' Stormy Daiquiri

2 oz Goslings dark rum
1 oz Lime Juice
1 oz Canton ginger liqueur

Shake vigorously with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.



Thanks to rumdood for hosting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment