Sunday, June 27, 2010

Black Bean Sauce take one

Hey Gang,
I misplaced my camera, but ended up taking some pic of my dinner last night with my iphone. I used some of that black bean sauce with some cumin coriander and garlic sauteed spinach along with some mushroom and onion quesadillas made with some reconstituted masa dough.
Some nuclear salsa from red hill farms adds some more heat to the dish, and served alongside I have a raspberry tequila shrub. Maybe I'll drop some recipes on you sometime soon, but its all pretty straightforward (besides the masa dough which you gotta look up a recipe for) and is a prelude to my combining these elements together with some shortribs......
As you can see the quesadillas are really more like cornmeal turnovers than what I think of as quesadillas.



Oh and how wonderful, the local wildlife came by to help clean the plate...

Everything turned out great, I really only a bit of spices to the garlic and butter sauteed spinach, so I'll probably add a little more next time as the cumin and coriander barely came through, but otherewise all the other elements were spot on. The quesadillas were soft and pillowy and the sauce had a great spicy smokiness too it that added a great punch to every bite. Can't ait to bring on the meat, I'll probably just reduce the number of quesadillas and add in a short rib... delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment